WAG Rescue is a volunteer supported organization. We cannot rescue dogs without your help.
Here are some of the areas where we need volunteers.
- Care for a WAG Rescue dog in your home. Provide a nurturing setting until the right permanent, loving home is found. We do not have a facility (yet) so we rely on volunteers to foster our dogs. This is a vital component of our organization and we are in great need of volunteers to help. Please read about our Foster Care Program.
- Take one of our dogs to training classes
- Transport a dog to a vet appointment or Emancipet clinic
- Help with transporting and handling the dogs at WAG Rescue adoption events.
Volunteering at our store or at one of our events will help raise funds for WAG Rescue which will directly benefit the dogs in our care. Please email. Thank you.
- Treasures on Twelve, our consignment & retail store, is open Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00am to 4:00pm. Do you have 3 hours a week to spare?
- WAG Rescue supports the Lions Club Market Day. Our volunteers work at the concession stands on behalf of WAG Rescue and your time helps WAG Rescue secure community funding from the Lions Club.
- WAG Rescue holds fundraising events monthly. Please check our event calendar .
- Writing Grants and requests for funding to foundations and community organizations.
- Write stories/articles for Blog, Pet Safety
- Take pictures of our dogs and events
- Assist with data entry, proof reading
- Assist with writing articles and preparing quarterly online newsletter
- Maintain mailing list
MARKETING & ADVERTISING
- Write advertising
- Work with the media - Newspaper and online
- Handle monthly calendar of events
- Work with printer
- Distribute posters, flyers, mailings
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- Pet Health & Safety community event
- Working with the schools to educate children about pet care
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND WE WILL CALL OR EMAIL YOU ASAP. There are so many ways to help and even a few hours of your time is appreciated. We really can not help the dogs of the Wimberley community without our wonderful volunteers. Thank you.
If you can’t adopt – foster
If you can’t foster – volunteer
If you can’t volunteer – donate
If you can’t donate – educate, network, spread the word
EVERYONE can do SOMETHING to help save a dog.